Area of Research:
Understanding the Potato-Phytophthora interactions in disease progression and suppression through gene expression studies using microarray/RNA seq approaches. Functional validation of the effectors genes and potato genes using VIGS and dsRNA strategies for future development of late blight and bacterial wilt resistance variety through overexpression as well as RNAi technology.
- S. Sundaresha et al. (2010). Enhanced protection against two major fungal pathogens of groundnut, Cercospora arachidicola and Aspergillus flavus in transgenic groundnut over-expressing a tobacco β 1–3 glucanase. European Journal of Plant Pathology, 126:497–508.
- S.Sundaresh et al. (2016). Co-overexpression of Brassica juncea NPR1 (BjNPR1) and Trigonella foenum-graecum defensin (Tfgd) in transgenic peanut provides comprehensive but varied protection against Aspergillus flavus and Cercospora arachidicola . Plant Cell Report. 10.1007/s00299-016-1945-7
- Manoj Kumar et al. (2009). Resistance to Alternaria Leaf Spot Disease in Transgenic Safflower (Carthamus tictorius L.) Harbouring a Rice Chitinase gene. Transgenic Plant Journal, 3(1): 113-118.
- Manoj Kumar et al. (2011). Transgenic Sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) with enhanced resistance to a fungal pathogen Alternaria helianthi. Transgenic Plant Journal, 5(1): 50-56.
- G. Keshavareddy et al. (2013) Transgenics in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) expressing cry1AcF gene for resistance to Spodoptera litura (F.). Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants. 19 (3): 343-352.
- S. Sundaresha et al. (2014). Phytophthora infestans associated global gene Expression profile in late blight resistance Potato cultivar. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 8(2):215-222.
- S. Sundaresha et al. (2012). A simple, novel and high efficiency sap inoculation method to screen for tobacco streak virus. Physiol Mol Biol Plants 18 (4):365-369.
- Aditi Thakur et al. (2015). Artificial microRNA mediated gene silencing of Phytophthora infestans AVr3a gene for imparting late blight resistance in Potato. Plant Pathology Journal. 14: 1-12.
- Suman Sanju et al. (2015). Host induced gene silencing of Phytophthora infestans effector gene Avr3a in potato. Functional and Integrative genomics. 15:697-607.
- Anupama Singh et al. (2015). Expression profile of potato cultivars with contrasting tuberization at elevated temperature using microarray analysis. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 97:108-116.