Dr. Maganti Sheshu Madhav
Senior Scientist- Biotechnology
Received Master degree in Plant Biotechnology from Assam Agricultural Universit;, PhD. in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology from Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi and Post doctorate from Ohio State University, Columbus, USA. Joined in ICAR in 1999, obtained 17 year experience in Plant Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Tissue culture and use of Molecular genetics tools in breeding in crops like Tobacco, Rice and Citrus.
Current Research Interests: Development of resistance lines for Yellow stem borer(YSB) through RNAi approach. Molecular mapping and map based cloning of blast resistance genes in rice. Gene pyramiding of biotic and abiotic resistance genes through molecular breeding, population structure analysis of Magnaporthe and functional genomics of quality traits in rice. Allele mining for major blast and BLB genes and transcriptome analysis of rice. Novel method of creating variation to enhance scope of MAS (EnMAS) for various novel traits.
- Fellow of Association of Biotechnology and pharmacy, India
- Selected as Associate Fellow of National Academy of Agricultural sciences (NAAS)- 2013
- Awarded “Distinguished Scientist Award” for outstanding rice biotechnology research, 2014 from Astha foundation, India
- Awarded “Lal Bahadur Shastri Young scientist Award “for outstanding Agricultural Biotechnology research 2012” from ICAR, Govt. of India
- Recipient of CSIR best S&T innovation for rural development Award for the team for popularization of Improved Samba Mahsuri. 2013
- Awarded “Jawaharlal Nehru Award for outstanding postgraduate agricultural research 2006” from ICAR, Govt. of India
- Awarded “BOYSCAST fellowship (Better opportunities for young scientist in chosen areas of science and technology)” DST, Govt. of India.
- Selected as Best International research scholar award at Ohio state University (OSU) in 2009
Publications: Peer reviewed Research Papers: 56, Reviews: 4 , Symposia papers: 35, Genome: 1, E-Publications: 89 ( Genes and other GenBank submissions)