Dr. Mohammad Akram
Senior Scientist (Plant Pathology)
Discipline and specialization: Plant Pathology and diagnostic, diversity and management of plant viruses, molecular characterization of pathogens.
Current areas of research:
- development of PCR based diagnostic kit for major viruses and fungi of pulses
- characterization of emerging and re-emerging viruses in pulses
- identification of stable sources of resistance in mungbean and urdbean against legume yellow mosaic viruses.
Awards and fellowships:
- Young Scientist Award 2003-2004 in the field of Plant Protection by National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi in the year of 2005
- Science Award 2004-2005 (Young Scientist Award Category) by Council of Science & Technology, Uttar Pradesh, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh in the year of 2006
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Young Scientist Award Biennium 2005-2006 in the field of Plant Protection by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi in the year of 2007
- Indo-US Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science & Technology Fellowship-2007 to visit the Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agricultural Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA from 13th March to 28th April, 2008.