Research Areas: Plant tissue culture, transgenic development and genomics.
1) Indian Patent Application No. 1591/DEL/2007, dated 27.07.2007 for “Development of reproducible protocol for direct organogenesis in transgenic male plant of Himalayan poplar” in the name of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Dr. Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Solan, HP, India (In the last stage of approval by Indian Patent Office, New Delhi; applied for permission from National Biodiversity Authority, Chennai, T.N.).
1) DRMR-IJ 31: Worked as a collaborator for development of Indian mustard variety DRMR IJ-31 for timely sown irrigated conditions in zone II (Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Delhi & Rajasthan).
Awards and other recognitions received (if any):
1) ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ in ‘National Seminar on Strategic Interventions to Enhance Oilseeds Production in India’, held at ICAR–Directorate of Rapeseed–Mustard Research, Bharatpur, Rajasthan; from February 19–21, 2015.
2) Awarded “Start-up Research Grant (Young Scientists)” from DST–Science and Engineering Research Board, New Delhi (March, 2015)
3) Fellow member, Society for Applied Biotechnology, Karnatak University, Dharwad, Karnataka (2012)
I) Research Papers:
a) Published: 28
b) Communicated: 2
II) Book chapters: 4
III) Popular Articles: Six (6)
IV) Manuals/Technical folders Published: 3
V) Annual Reports compiled: 2
VI) Abstracts published: 19
VII) Conferences/Seminars/Symposia attended: 4